Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Witches vs. Christians

When Christianity first began, followers of 'The Way' were the misunderstood minority. They were persecuted and killed, many being burned alive by followers of the established Pagan religions.

Then when Christianity was embraced by western civillization, gaining power and control, they started burning the Pagans. (the Inquisition, etc.)

Neither of these atrocities were carried out by true witches or Christians. For both believe in The Golden Rule.

Many witches who are also Wiccans stick to the Wiccan Rede: 'An it harm none, do as ye will.' Meaning only do what will not cause harm. This has also been translated as 'love God, and do what you will.'

Witches may also quote the 'threefold rule' which means that whatever you give out, comes back to you threefold. This is a very strong deterrent against practising curses or so called 'love spells' with the intent of manipulating someone else's free will.

It is unfortunate that so many people do not believe in respecting a person's free will. It is one thing to share your truth, it is another to attack someone else for their beliefs. Or worse yet, what you think they believe.

Most witches have a very strong belief in karma, that what you do to others you do to yourself. Therefore even wishing harm on another person is harming yourself. It is a belief of many ancient religions, that we are all connected and part of the same whole.

So perhaps there are bad or wicked witches, but I have known plenty of wicked Christians too. Maybe I have been one myself? I think closer to the truth is that people are people. Not divine nor diabolical, but somewhere in between.

No comments: