Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Monday, February 18, 2008

Expecting the Best

I have been working at controlling what I think, and it is definitely helpful. My favourite thought is: 'Nothing is ever as bad as it seems.' This is usually after a disagreement with my husband.

I've learned this truth through hard experience. It wasn't something I got out of a Louise Hay book (but her books have helped me to be aware of how important what I choose to think is.)

When I stopped thinking 'he' was out to get me, that 'he' was mean, selfish and lazy, lo and behold, 'he' was loving, generous and hard working. Of course he says he always was, and I didn't recognise it...

My marriage is great. Now I have to work on the rest of my life....

No comments: