Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Miraculous, Magical, Motherhood

'Suddenly she was here. And I was no longer pregnant; I was a mother. I never believed in miracles before.'

-Ellen Greene

'I love being a mother. I am more aware. I feel things on a deeper level. I seem to have more of everything now: more love, more magic, more energy.'

-Shelley Long

'Every man for the sake of the great blessed Mother in Heaven, and for the love of his own little mother on earth, should handle all womankind gently, and hold them in all honour.'

-Alfred, Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)

'In the sheltered simplicity of the first days after a baby is born, one sees again the magical closed circle, the miraculous sense of two people existing only for each other.'

-Anne Morrow Lindbergh (1906-2001)

'The everlasting sadness of any mother is that there comes a time when she can no longer bring magic to your life, nor cure to your troubles.'

-Diana Briscoe

No comments: