Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Lesson in Understanding

In the church I belonged to as a child, I often heard stories of Christians being 'spritually attacked' by witches.

In response, our church would gather at the top of the 'high places' in the city, singing hymns and praying against the witches who thought these places sacred.

This is the equivalent to witches surrounding a church and chanting or praying against it.

It was basically tit for tat.

At no point did I ever hear of anyone befriending a witch (without the goal of converting them.) I was led to believe that witches were purely agents of evil, not to be approached except for when in the safety of a group, and then only while invoking the protection of the Most High.

I carried this fear and suspicion with me for the next twenty years of my life.

I knew nothing of what witches believed apart from what Christians told me.

You wouldn't go to a witch to discover what Christians believe, would you?

From now on, I resolve to go straight to the source to discover the truth.

Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

- St Francis of Assisi

Let me be a Peacemaker. So mote it be!

No comments: