Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Thursday, February 14, 2008

What is Magic?

True magic is not a trick or illusion.

Magic does not involve summoning demons, nor a pact with the devil.

Magic is not supernatural.

Magic does not break the laws of nature; when it appears to do so, that is because it is obeying laws that the observer has not yet understood.
-Janet and Stewart Ferrar


Magic is liberating. It is not elitist or patriarchal. It can be learned and practised by anyone.


Magic is about personal transformation.

This is the goal of all spiritual paths: to reconnect with the Source, to bridge the chasm of illusion which makes us feel separate and alone, to come Home.


Magick requires daring. It brings out the 'little death' which is part of rebirth. Not to change is to stagnate and die; but to willingly offer up the life we know is to find a greater Life.

-Amber K, True Magick: A Beginner's Guide


Magic does not depend on someone else's schedule or agenda. It is deeply personal and involves following your own heart, not someone else's wishes or rules. That is why so many witches are solitary and do not belong to a group or 'coven.'


Magic is fun! Many witches quote the charge of the Goddess which states 'All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.'


This means that picking blackberries on a hot August afternoon, making pies with my grandmother's rolling pin, and reading to my children in bed are all acts of worship. Being is worship.


No comments: