Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Módraniht




Tonight I am celebrating Módraniht- Mothers' Night. The night the new year is born. We will be feasting on Chinese food... from a new place that just opened in town, supposed to be really good. And I shall be baking a cake using my grandmother's recipe.

Tonight is the festival of the disir, the tribal soul-mothers. The mothers who have gone through and past death to become sources of wisdom and soul-might for their living folk. I think of my grandmother, who passed away four weeks ago. I am grateful for the wisdom she passed to me while she was alive, and tonight I will remember her as I make the cake she made with me, and for me, so many times. She lives on, in my soul.

No comments: