Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

At The Crossroads

In 2008 I discovered some things about life and about myself. A few truths that I have been searching for in this life's journey.

I found a peace and strength that does not depend on the knowledge of language or dogma, but on the knowledge of myself and who I AM.

It doesn't matter what the name of IT is... or the perception which one has of it. It does not matter whether or not one subscribes to a particular set of beliefs, or can recite a particular mantra. It isn't neccessary to try to be 'good' or dutiful. It doesn't matter if I am volunteering for worthy organisations, giving to charity or attending religious worship. (Things I have been compelled to do, by myself or others, all my life.)

All that matters is that I AM. I have heard the saying before, by people who I am not certain even know what it means: Be a Human Being, not a Human Doing.

All is well in my world.

2 comments:

Hermster said...

Most people in the West go for weeks at a time reading, watching tv, listening to the radio and talking with friends and never hear or see the amount of honesty that's in your post.

It's very profound..

Pagan Green Witch said...

Thank you, you're so kind. It's nice to have positive affirmation, even if I already know these things to be true. My family thinks I'm going to hell in a handbasket... it can be disheartening sometimes. I just have to let it be!