Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Monday, November 17, 2008

It's God, Jim, but not as we know it..

Why is it that when I tell Xtians I don't follow their religion, they assume I don't believe in God?

I told a neighbour that I was not a Xtian- her response? 'Oh well, I can't believe there isn't a god out there that doesn't care about us.' Well honey, you're in the wrong religion!

Of course I know that intelligent mind... that sustaining life-force, infinitely encompassing and yet intimately knowable.

Now deep in my heart I know that I am no religion. I am not a Xtian, I am not a Pagan. I just am.

However, for years people tried to tell me who I was, I was even NAMED after their god. I was given an identity that did not tell the truth about who I am.

I am all these things, and I am none.

Currently I prefer to identify myself as Pagan. It distances me from the false identity I was given as a child. It helps me remember the truth.

I am an expression of Divine Consciousness. Of course I know God. Just not as you know Her.




How sad to be a woman--not to know

Aught of the glory of this breast of snow,

All unconcerned to comb this mighty hair;

To be a woman and yet never know!




Were I a woman, I would all day long

Sing my own beauty in some holy song,

Bend low before it, hushed and half afraid,

And say "I am a woman" all day long.


- Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám

No comments: