Welcome to my Book of Mirrors

SIGN MY PETITION:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/redefine/petition.html

This is my spiritual journey. I am looking for the truth of who I am and who God is, unfettered by the traditions prescribed by my family, church and culture.

25 February 2008

'I found God in myself and I loved her fiercely.'

Ntozake Shange

Monday, March 24, 2008

Women Rule The World

They say that man is mighty
He governs land and sea
He wields a mighty sceptre
O'er lesser powers that be
But a mightier power and stronger
Man from his throne has hurled
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.

William Ross Wallace

Woman is the salvation or destruction of the family. She carries its destinies in the folds of her mantle.

Henri-Frederic Amiel (1821-1881)

We bear the world, and we make it....There was never a great man who had not a great mother- it is hardly an exaggeration.

Olive Schreiner (1855-1920)

I used to think these were pretty words, but, if they were true, and women are so great (which I think they are) why is the world such a mess? Either these words are patronising, and women have no real power, or these words are true, and women are devils.

I now believe that these words are true, and the problem is that women need healing. The healing of Earth will come through the healing of Womankind.

A woman who does not know how to love and heal herself cannot give love and healing to the world. She who does not love and respect herself will not attract a respectful and loving partner, and the next generation of that union will suffer from that legacy.

The last quote by Olive Schreiner is interesting. Churchill, Eisenhower, Edison and many more have all attributed their success to their mothers.

This is not to say that a woman's place is limited to 'behind the scenes', unless she chooses it. But it does reinforce the first quote, that ultimately 'the hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world.'

This is why women's healing and empowerment is so vital. We are the first teachers, spiritual guides, healers and leaders of humanity. If we are broken, humankind is lost.

1 comment:

Camp said...

Wow....and I thought my blog was food for thought. Way to go....

camp

mothercanuckers